Pension Payment
<< Previous Next >>

Guidelines for Pensioners

Payment of Dearness Relief

Group 'A' officers are not entitled to dearness relief during re-employ under a Govt. office/company/Corporation/Undertaking/Autonomous body. PBORs are entitled for dearness relief during re-employment under above organizations subject to production of a certificate from his re-employer that his pay has been fixed at the minimum of the scale of the post on which he has been re-employed and his entire amount of pension has been ignored in fixation of pay on re-employment.

Insane Pensioner

If a pensioner becomes insane, his dependents should obtain a certificate from the Magistrate and produce the pension certificate and life certificate for drawing pension. If the pensioner is lodged in an asylum the cost of pensioner's maintenance will be paid by the dependents to the asylum authorities as per orders of the Court on an application by the asylum authorities under the provisions of section 25 of Lunacy Act.

Court Attachment

  1. No pension whether due or to become due can be attached by process of any Court until it has actually been paid as per pension Act XXII of 1871.
  2. No pensioner can assign or sell any interest in respect of the pension not then due.

Annual Identification

  1. A life certificate is required to be produced by the pensioner, who is unable to appear due to bodily illness or infirmity and desires payment through a representative once in the month of November each year.
  2. Pensioners who are receiving payment from PSBs and D.P.D.Os should appear before the P.D.A. once each year in the month of November for identification

Convicted Pensioner

If a pensioner is convicted or sentenced to imprisonment by a Court, his pension will be suspended. He should submit the copy of the Court order to the PDA to enable him to report the matter to this office for obtaining the orders of the Competent Authority. On release from the Jail he should report the matter to the P.D.A. and submit the requisite documents to enable him to refer the matter to this office for obtaining the orders of the C.E.A. for restoration of his pension.

Restoration of Commuted Portion of Pension

Commuted portion of pension will be restored by the P.D.A. on his own without obtaining any order from this office after obtaining requisite application after 15 years from the date of first payment or from the date pension was reduced in case of subsequent commutation.

Two Pensions

If a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension, he should furnish full details to the P.D.A. for revision of both the pensions and regulating dearness relief on both the pensions

Family Members

  1. If a pensioner has married after discharge or has children born after discharge, or wife/children have died report the matter with full details and certificates (birth/death/marriage/remarriage) to Record Office/Head of the Office for record in Kindred Roll portion of Sheet-roll/Service Book in order to avoid any difficulty in the event of need.
  2. If joint notification of family pension has not been done in your case, apply to your P.D.A. on the proper form to enable him to process the joint notification of F.P. through R.O./H.O.O., A.H.Qrs.

| Site Map | Contact Us | ©2017 PCDA(P)