Pension Payment
<< Previous Next >>

Guidelines for Pensioners

Receipt of Pension Papers

  1. Pension sanctioning authorities send the PPOs to the respective Record Offices in respect of PBORs, Heads of the office in respect of Defence Civilians and to the Pension Disbursing Authorities in respect of Commissioned officers.
  2. Record offices send the PPOs along with the Descriptive Rolls to the desired P.D.A. with a copy to the pensioners along with Pension Certificates. Similarly Heads of the offices send the PPOs and the Pension certificates to the PDAs with a copy to the Pensioners. PPOs along with descriptive particulars in respect of commissioned officers are sent directly to the PDAs under intimation to the officers.
  3. On receipt of Call letter from the PDAs or within reasonable time, the pensioners should report to the PDA for receiving first payment. The pensioners are required to produce pension certificate/intimation letter received from the Head of office/RO/PSA as the case may be to the P.D.A.

Loss of Documents

  1. In case P.P.O. is lost in transit before receiving first payment, PDA should be approached to furnish loss certificate to the Pension Sanctioning Authorities for issue of duplicate copy of the P.P.O.
  2. In case pension certificate is lost before receiving first payment, Pension Sanctioning Authority may be approached through respective Record Office/Head of the office for issue of duplicate Pension Certificate.
  3. In case pension certificate is lost, exhausted, mutilated after receiving first payment, P.D.A. should be approached to issue duplicate/additional copy of Pension Certificate.

Commutation of Pension

Commuted portion of pension is required to be reduced from pension from the date of payment or after 3 months from the date of issue of P.P.O. and in the case of P.S.Bs from the date, capitalised sum is credited to the pensioners' account. If the commuted portion of pension is not reduced as above, please point out to the P.D.A. to avoid heavy recovery at a later stage.

Release of Withheld Gratuity

  1. The withheld amount of D.C.R.G. is payable after six months from the date of retirement without any authorisation from this office.
  2. If a pensioner desires to get his pension account transferred from one P.D.A. to another in India, he is required to submit an application to his present P.D.A. No application is required to be submitted to this office. Transfer of pension accounts outside India is not permissible.

Drawal of Pension Through Agent

Pensioners who desire to draw pension while residing outside India may open a non-resident account in any of the Scheduled Public Sector Banks in India. He should execute a power of attorney in India before proceeding Ex.India on a non-judicial stamp paper or on a plain paper affixed with adhesive stamp paper of appropriate value, before the Notary Public or any Magistrate. The pensioner shall furnish life certificate once a year through High Commission/Embassy of that Country where he/she resides. If he has changed his nationality in Country other than South Africa and Israel. Sanction of this office will be required through his P.D.A. for continuation of his pension.

| Site Map | Contact Us | ©2017 PCDA(P)