Before 2008, the training was conducted under the aegis of erstwhile PCDA (Pension) Allahabad. Defence Pension Training Institute (DPTI), Allahabad was inaugurated by Shri A K Antony, the then Hon'ble RM in presence of Hon'ble Shri M M Pallam Raju, the then RRM, on 28th March 2008. This is the only institute in India of its kind which imparts training exclusively on pensionary matters.
2. DPTI conducts training for officials of following organization:-
• PCDA (Pensions) Allahabad;
• Public Sector Banks,
• Four private Banks,
• State/district treasury officers and
• Indian Embassy Nepal.
• Records Offices,
• Rajya/ Zila Sainik Boards,
• Commissioned Officers who are on the verge of retirement and
• Head of Offices who are initiating pension claims in respect of Defence Civilians.
• Besides ,Treasury Officers (Prob) /Accounts officers (Prob) selected through UPPSC and IDAS (Prob.) are also imparted training in this prestigious institute.
3. Defence pension is not just an amount of money sanctioned to retired officers and personnel; it is a method of recognizing exemplary contribution of the retirees and their families for safeguarding the motherland. The complex nature of defence pension from its sanction to audit and accounting makes the task of all the agencies involved in the process quite challenging. An annual outlay of more than Rs 80,000 Crore from the public exchequer underlines its significance so far timeliness and accuracy are concerned.
The institute is tailored to provide pleasant and healthy environment for enhancing the performance of the trainees, faculties and auxiliary staff.