Qualifying Service for Pension
- The minimum period of qualifying service for earning retiring pension shall be 20 years (15 years in the case of late entrants).
Linkage of full pension with 33 years of qualifying service has been dispensed with w.e.f 01/01/2006.A fraction of a year equal to 3 months and above but less than 6 months shall be treated as a completed ½ year. Similarly, nine months or more but less than one year shall be treated as a competed one year and reckoned as qualifying service.
This shall, however, not be applicable for completing minimum qualifying service for pensionary award.
Periods of Service Qualifying Service for Pension
- Service as a permanent regular Commissioned Officer
- Service rendered before attaining the age of 17 years.
- Embodied or called out service as an officer of TA or Auxiliary Air Force subject to refund of gratuity, if any.
- Service in the rank if followed by permanent regular Commissioned service without a break subject to refund of gratuity, if any.
- All leave including study leave with pay.
- Period of suspension from duty when the officer is not brought on trial or court martial with result favour-able to the officer.
- Service under an Office /Department/Ministry of the Central Government.
- Any period of Civil service under Central Government. if followed by military service subject to refund of gratuity, if any.
- Service rendered in the autonomous bodies
- The period of ante-date of commission and the period of Secondment subject to the following maxima:-
- Ante-date of commission –18 months
- Secondment -12 months
- when both ante- date and Secondment granted – 24 months
- Service rendered in aid of civil administration.
Next Topic :Retirng Pension