Procedure for obtaining Information
The application can be made to the Central Public Information Officer in writing in plain paper or through electronic means in Hindi or English specifying the particulars of the information sought for along with a fee of Rs 10/-(Rs ten only) by way of cash against proper receipt or demand draft or bankers cheque or IPO payable to PCDA(P) at Allahabad. An applicant making request for information is not required to give any reason for requesting the information or other personal details except those may be necessary for contacting him. No fee is payable for people living below poverty line. For pension related matter, the applicant should submit the application along with the following particulars: - 1) Name and address of the applicant, 2)Pensioners PPO no (if any) 3) Name of the Bank/PDA, 4) Head of office/unit where served last. 5) Rank held last. 6) Personal no. etc.
Fee for obtaining information
Time Limit for providing information
- An application fee of Rs 10 for obtaining information under sub section (1) of section 6.
Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub section (1) of section (7) as under:-
- Rs two for each page in A4 or A3 size paper created or copied.
- Actual charge of cost price of a copy in larger size paper.
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for each subsequent hour or fraction thereof)
- Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub-section (5) of Section 7 as under:
- Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy for information provided in diskette floppy
- Price fixed for publication or Rupees two per page of photocopy for information provided in printed form.
- No fee will be charged from people living below the poverty line
- Applicant would be provided information free of cost if the CPIO fails to comply with the prescribed time limit.
- 30 days from the date of receipt of application.
- 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a person.
- Failure to provide information within the specified period is a deemed refusal.
- 5 days for transferring the application to concerned CPIO.
- 40 days where information relates to IIIrd party.