Guidelines for PDAs
Check List for Payment of First Pension/New Cases
- The Pension Payment Orders are issued in the following series:
- Check that the PPO/Payment authority has been received through authorised channel.
- PPO is supported with descriptive roll/identification documents/joint photographs
- Computerised PPOs are printed on computer and not typed
- The computer stationery and format of the PPO should match with that currently in use by the Pr. C.D.A.(P), Allahabad/CDA(N), Mumbai/DCDA(AF), New Delhi.
- PPO has been signed by an authorised officer in ink and his signature and allotted code numbers to the signing officers should be verified with specimen signatures and code numbers supplied by the Pr. CDA(P)/CDA(N)/DCDA(AF) and the fact of such verification recorded.
- PPO bears the embossing seal (uncolored) as per the specimen supplied by the PCDA (P) to PDAs and verification to be recorded.
- Payment authority is signed by an officer whose specimen signature is already on record with the Pension Disbursing Agencies, and bears the embossing seal of the sanctioning office.
- Periodical list of fresh PPOs has been received from Pension Sanctioning Authorities and the PPO being actioned upon is found included in it.
- Proper identification of the pensioner with reference to identification marks, photographs and thumb impression as per information available in the descriptive particulars has been carried out. A record for carrying out the identification to be kept in check register/personal file of the pensioner by PDA.
- In case of a new pensioner, he/she has also to produce his personal copy of the letter received from pension sanctioning authority, Record Office, Head of the Office informing about the grant of pension to him/her. In case of Commissioned Officers, he has to produce the last pay certificate.
- PDA is personally responsible for a proper identification and payment to the correct person of the amount authorised to be paid to him.
- Two defence/defence-civilian pensioners should identify a new pensioner (except in case of officers).
- Payment should be authorised only when PDA is personally satisfied that the pensioner is genuine.
- In case any of these requirements is not complete, the PPO/letter of authority should not be acted upon but returned to the issuing authority